Clay mask recipe for smooth skin:
Facial clay masks work to deeply penetrate the pores, remove impurities, increase moisture, and supply vital nutrients to the skin.
Different colored clays can be used for different skin conditions:
- White clay is the gentlest of all the clays. It soothes and softens the skin and is suitable for all skin types.
- Green clay is particularly good for oily and acne-prone skin. It helps to draw toxins from the skin and can calm inflammations.
- Red clay is suitable for dry and sensitive skins. It improves the softness and tones of the skin.
- Pink clay can be used on normal to dry skin to gently cleanse and exfoliate the skin while improving the skin’s circulation.
- Yellow clay is suitable for normal, sensitive, dry and dehydrated skin. It has similar properties as green clay.
- Blue clay increases removal of toxic waste and treat various skin conditions (psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis).
Combine 1 tbsp of your chosen clay and 1 tbsp of distilled water in a bowl. You can also try to use green tea, milk or aloe juice instead of water. Mix the ingredients constantly until you have made a mud of uniform consistency. Apply to the face, allow it to dry for 10-20 minutes, and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Oatmeal mask for smaller pores recipe:
Oats have the best amino acid balance of all cereal grains and a high silica content, making them great ingredient for cleansing, exfoliating, softening and soothening the skin.
Mix 2 tbsp of oats/oatmeal with 2 tbsp of warm water, green tea or milk. Apply the mixture thickly to the face using gentle, upward circular motions. I apply this mask over the sink, as most of the mixture usually falls off. Allow the mask to dry for 10-20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Try to add few drops of lemon juice in the final rinse.
Egg white with lemon mask recipe:
Egg white tightens the pores, lemon whitens the skin, – great combination! Mix a white egg with a fork till it gets some bubbles and add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice. Apply to face, leave on for 15 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water.
Ice cubes for beautiful skin:
Rub your clean face with an ice cub 1-2 times a day for about 5-10 seconds. Ice cubes tighten the pores and tone up the skin. Ice cubes applications are not recommended to people with meningitis or sinusitis.