- Apply a simple baking soda and water past directly to bites and leave on for at least an hour.
- For an anti-itch bath, add ½ to 1 cup backing soda to running lukewarm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Apply a drop of lavender or tea tree essential oil directly onto each bite to reduce inflammation and help prevent infection.
- Make a solution of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water, and rinse the irritated area. Repeat this procedure several times until the itching decrease in intensity.
- Apply a drop of neem base oil to each bite. Neem is a naturally cooling oil with antibacterial properties. It relives many types of skin irritations.
- Spray or dab pure aloe vera juice (chilled feels especially nice) directly on bites. It soothes the skin and relives itchiness.